The basic goals for this RFP are to implement appropriate monitoring protocols to document baseline conditions within these restored urban streams, and then to compare these current/initial conditions over time to results from post-restoration/water quality improvement practice implementation and associated monitoring data sets. This work is being conducted by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The primary objectives of this RFP are:
- To establish at least two years of baseline rainfall, water flow, water quality, and biological stream monitoring data.
- To continue monitoring these metrics while a range of new projects to improve water quality are implemented throughout the watersheds (expected to be accomplished over a two-year period) through a series of future related RFPs.
- To further extend the post-implementation monitoring period for two additional years to quantify post-implementation benefits.
Request for Proposals
- Original Request for Proposals: Stream Monitoring, 2020
- RFP Addendum 1
- RFP Addendum 2
- RFP Addendum 3
Amount awarded to date: $1,800,400
Project Web Page, including Real-time Continuous Data Pages for The Glade, Snakeden Branch, and Precipitation Station
- Quarterly Progress Report: 10/1/2020 through 12/31/2020
- Quarterly Progress Report: 1/1/2021 through 3/31/2021
- Quarterly Progress Report: 4/1/2021 through 6/31/2021
- Quarterly Progress Report: 7/1/2021 through 9/30/2021
- Quarterly Progress Report: 10/1/2021 through 12/31/2021
- Quarterly Progress Report: 1/1/2022 through 3/31/2022
- Quarterly Progress Report: 4/1/2022 through 6/30/2022
- Quarterly Progress Report: 7/1/2022 through 9/30/2022
- Quarterly Progress Report: 10/1/2022 through 12/31/2022
- Quarterly Progress Report: 4/1/2023 through 6/30/2023
USGS Data Release
Benthic macroinvertebrate, fish, and physical habitat data for selected streams in Reston, Virginia. Foster, B.M.., Witt, J.W., and Chambers, D.B., 2022.